Friday, April 3, 2015

two words: spring. break.

I should totally not be blogging right now. I have so much reading and homework to get done before Sunday night it isn't even funny. Then I invited some friends over for Easter dinner and I have a house to clean on top of it. But, you know, sometimes you need to do things for you. Like blog and send people letters in the mail.

This week I worked 4.5 days. On one of those days I got to go to the Rice Museum of Rocks and Minerals. Let's just say they had a lot of rocks and minerals. Normally, rocks aren't my thing. I hate teaching rocks and minerals in science. But, they had quite the collection of colorful rocks. I mean, like the whole spectrum of the rainbow. It was amazing. You know what it made me think of? "The whole earth is full of His glory" Isaiah 6:3. And how beautiful heaven is going to be with all the colors of the precious stones. Read Revelation 21. There was also a locked cabinet of gold. It looked like a gun safe, only it held gold instead of guns. I felt like I was on one of those Alaska gold mining shows for a split second. At the end, all the kids got to pick a free rock at the end which they thought was just the best thing ever. 

One of the schools I was in this week has the prettiest courtyard ever. There are about 8 of these trees blooming out there with tulips and daffodils. I love these pink blossoms. I want one of these trees. It's like puff balls of pink.
The friendship quilt for our former pastor's wife is completed and she has received it with much love and happiness. I'm glad that it's done. My two squares ended up right on top of the other. The piano keyboard and the outline of Washington with the heart over Vancouver are my handiwork. It turned out really nice.


As I mentioned having a lot of homework, class #2 is underway. It's Educational Research and Assessment. I'm currently researching poverty in education for my big project. Several of the schools in the district are high poverty schools, and since I hope to be employed again by the district, I thought I'd take this master's degree experience and learn as much as I could about the kids that I'll be working with. It's depressing, some of the stuff I'm reading. Case studies. Ugh. It's also making me have weird dreams. Like I thought wearing red eye shadow was really cool and I went out of the house to work with it on (just in my dream, not for real). And I woke up and yelled at my dog and called him William instead of Wilson. William is my dad's full name. So bizarre. Of course, this class has a TON of reading. We have a minimum 10 article lit. review due this week and he also wrote, "invest some time in reading Gall chs. 4-8." Ya, that's not happening.

The other day I registered for two summer classes. Foundations of Education and Foundations of Educational Technology & Online Learning. I'm debating a third class. It would mean taking two at the same time during July and August, and I was totally going to do it, but the guy kind of scared me out of it. We'll see.

I've been so tired. I fall asleep and take these 20 minute cat naps in the early evenings. We're eating too much crap food. I've got to figure out a better plan because going to Costco for a rotisserie chicken every night isn't going to work, or else our arteries are going to turn to plastic before I get my degree. I have been trying to get Wilson out for a walk, but I'm a fair weather walker, so when it rains, my dog gets the shaft.

However, spring break has arrived. And after Sunday night, I'll be able to relax a little bit and enjoy some time off with the hubs. Then we'll try to tackle some of those things on the to-do list.

Happy Easter, peeps!

1 comment:

bmarquez said...

Now you need to blog (with pictures) about those whales! Enjoy the rest of your break.