Sunday, February 9, 2014

valentine's banner


Last night I pinned a bunch of Valentine's Day stuff. Today I thought I should quit pinning and actually make something I've pinned. I wanted a banner for my cut out wall between the living room and dining room. This quick and easy heart banner was the winner. It uses one inch wide strips of paper, a stapler, and some twine. 


I had some cute Valentine's day paper (My Mind's Eye) stashed away from a previous project. The tutorial I followed used 12", 10", and 8", but I thought that was a little too big, so I cut mine 10", 8", and 6" with a 3" tab for the center. I just tried to vary the papers as I was making them so no two were the same.

Line up the strips and staple at the bottom. Then roll in toward the center and stick the 3" strip in for the hanger and staple again. Punch a hole in the hanger and string the twine through. 

I like that this banner doesn't have a front and back. It can be enjoyed from both rooms. Cute and easy. My kind of project.


No comments: