Funny side story: my grandma Kline was a little confused about the whole "Wendy meets Phil online" thing. She used to tell people that I met my boyfriend on the TV. That still cracks me up!
So where have those 8 years gone? Phil asks me that a lot. Where has the time gone? I usually tell him to check the scrapbooks. So I dug them out today and took a peek at our history. We've had. . .
- four addresses - three rentals, one of our own
- four vehicles - I still miss you, little green Saturn
- four jobs (and still looking) for me, one for him
- two churches
- two leap years
- countless trips to the beach
- one whale-watching excursion
- two Mariners games, one Seahawks game, three Timbers games
- one surgery/near-death experience (certainly not a favorite memory of mine)
- one trip to urgent care for stitches
- 608 blog posts
- one dog
- numerous scrapbooks, Phil & Wendy Volume I, II, III, and currently working on IV. But should be at about VI or VII.
Phil505 brought me home a big bouquet of roses. A dozen red. A dozen and a half white with pink tips (my fav.) I got him a bottle of port (his fav.) I looked for a vintage 2004 bottle (the year of our holy matrimony), but there were none to be found. You can't really see it in the picture, but I used my cricut to cut out a bunch of 8's and I scattered them around on the table. I made the tag on the port too. So crafty, I know.
We went out for dinner to Billygans. (our fav.) Yummy steak place. Peanut shells on the floor. Homemade rolls with honey butter. Before we left I set the camera up on the opening between the dining room and living room and snagged a picture of us with the self-timer. Sorry about cutting off the top of your head, Babe. I guess I didn't have quite enough Bibles stacked under the Canon.
So for those who may have doubted whether or not internet romances work, here's eight years of proof that they do. I love you, Babe, you hardworking, handsome stud-muffin of mine.