Saturday, November 19, 2011

day 12 of 30

Lest you think I'd forgotten about my 30 day challenge, I haven't. So here's to catching up.

Day 12  ~ a picture of where you live.

I live in Vancouver, Washington. Growing up in north central Ohio, I never would have thought I'd ever say that. But I married Phil505 and moved out here. Boy, that was a long drive. Vancouver is great. I love that I can see the mountains, the rivers (but not the bridges), the waterfalls, and live relatively close enough to the ocean that we can just go for the day. I love that we live in town, close enough to everything, yet far enough from Portland that I don't feel like I'm in the city. We lived in North Portland when we first got married, but moved across the river to Vancouver a few years later and I love living here.

This first picture shows the west side/downtown with the I-5 bridge over the Columbia River.



This picture was taken from Rocky Butte in Portland, so you see a little bit of Oregon in the bottom half. But it shows more of the east side of town where we live, the Glen Jackson Bridge that I drive over everyday, and Mount St. Helens in the background.

2 comments:

bmarquez said...

I did almost forget. Beautiful pictures of our part of the country.

Kellie said...

Ah... the view of Mt. St. Helens... You live in beautiful country, girl. Of course, you KNEW I would say that. lol :)