Friday, November 18, 2011

five on friday

1. After school on Monday I went to a seminar to get some CEU's. It was only an hour and a half and the lady made me laugh. What didn't make me laugh, however, was that when I got back in my car to go home the engine light was on. Service engine soon light = no bueno. Turns out, it was the computer in my car gone bad. Costly little repair, that computer.

2. Last night I crashed. I mean, I fell asleep in the chair watching the 6:00 news. Phil505 had to fend for himself for dinner because I was out. of. it. Needless to say, I got up at 4 am because I could no longer sleep without dreaming weird dreams. Does that happen to you? Sleep too long and dream that you are in New York City looking for one particular diner because you went there in college and had a cheeseburger to die for and when you get there you run into Jenny Wilen??? Funny thing is, I don't recall going to any diners in NYC when I was in college. NYC, yes. Diners, no. And, hi, Jenny Wilen, if you are reading this blog, please know that I dream random dreams about you from time to time.

3. I can't wait for the stuffing. Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. Well, next to calling my sister at 4 am (that's 4 am my time, 7 am her time) to get the scalloped corn recipe. It's tradition. A tradition that she sometimes ruins on purpose because she won't answer her phone. Sometimes my sister can be a jerk-face like that. But even with all that "it's too early and I'm not going to answer the phone nonsense," I still love her. And Dad, you can show her this if you want. Maybe it'll prompt her to answer her phone. But back to the stuffing - two opportunities for stuffing this year. Saturday at church and Thursday at the Marquez family gathering.

4. It's raining. I saw the weather map before I fell asleep last night and the whole entire left side of the states of OR/WA was green. Green = rain. And snow in the mountains. Up to a foot, he said. But we probably won't be able to see the shiny white mountains because all we'll see are the rain clouds. I have seasonal lack of sunshine disorder. So it looks like maybe I should lay out on Sunday?!??!?!


5. So the occupiers occupying Portland were right outside my husband's building yesterday. In fact, there were some people late getting to work because of all the action. I'm not totally sure of what these people are trying to prove, because it all seems to be a bit of a drunken drug fest, but I want to say, and you can put this on the record books if you want, "Go home and take a bath already." Maybe this shows a little bit of my true nature, but I thought it was pretty funny to see some of them get pepper sprayed yesterday. I teach kids all day long that there will be consequences for their inappropriate (my favorite word) actions, and it was nice to see how that plays out, even in adulthood.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You make me laugh and smile. I so agree with #5. So did you lay out on Sunday? :)