Tuesday, August 9, 2011

likes and dislikes

Like: drinking arizona's arnold palmer lite half and half (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade). love that stuff.

Dislike: getting a tetnus shot today. she said it was time. i know it's not been 10 years since my last one, and the sign on the wall said you should get a booster every 10 years. this one came 3 years too soon, lady.

Like: picking a carrot from the garden today. . . at our soon to be new house! yes, our offer was FINALLY accepted on friday. it took over 6 months for our short sale to go through. our offer was made february 1st. we could close in about 3 weeks. can someone explain to me how something that took so long could end so fast? (ps - the former owners planted carrots, peas, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, and two blueberry bushes. and the neighbors have a really nice back yard.)


Dislike: signing and dating 60 pages of forms for the mortgage guy.

Like: getting an incredibly amazing interest rate on our first mortgage!

Dislike: getting blood drawn out of my other arm today. 4 vials. that's a lot of blood. but the guy got me on the first poke, so that's really all that matters. i have bad veins.

Like: hearing a really good report from the home inspection guy today. i refer to him as "inspector gadget." the house was built in 1979, so we just weren't sure how things would look up in the attic and down in the crawl space. his comment, "i'd put this house in the top 20% of all the houses i've looked at that were built in this time period." yeah, us for finding a structurally sound house! (photos from february)


Dislike:  my camera won't upload so i can show you my bandaid and my carrot.

Like: my doctor was very excited to see my recent weight loss and she printed out a line graph for me to take home as my prize! i was totally going to show you a picture of it, but my camera won't upload, remember? i have it hanging on the fridge. i figured that would be a good place for a reminder.

Dislike: my potential new place of employment is a nut free zone.

Like: i have a 2nd interview tomorrow. for kindergarten. i hope to be able to share more of that story with you later.

No comments: