Saturday, March 12, 2011

a trip to the old folk's home

We celebrated 100th Day a couple weeks ago. These self-portraits and corresponding "When I am 100 years old" stories were my favorite part of the celebration. To get ready, I dug into our craft room and pulled out buttons and fabric swatches, cotton balls and googly eyes, and of course, my trusty hot glue gun with which I burned myself 900 times. Then I let them go to town.

Meet: Grandma Pilgrim Purity Collar Doesn't she remind you girls of our days at TTU wearing those p.p.c.'s?)

When I am 100 years old I will have white hair and I will go to a pond to relax. I will have a wheel chair, but sometimes I will stay at home. There will be some young people who will cook for me.
Up next: Mr. I'm bald and have an eye deformity

When I am 100 years old I will live in a foster home. Someone will take care of me. I will play checkers.

My personal favorite: Mr. Fu Man Chu (This child worked so hard to get that beard pointy.)

When I am 100 years old I might still be alive, but my life will never be the same. I will be weak and not as fast as I am now. I will write a note to my wife before I die.

Finally: Grandma Long Hair (This one really threw all the girls into a tizzy because they all thought old ladies shouldn't have long hair. I kind of think she might be related to Thomas Jefferson!)


When I am 100 years old I could die, but if I wasn't dead I think I should watch TV in my room. I will have white hair. I'll be in a wheel chair.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Love those! Great idea!