Wednesday, September 8, 2010

first day of school update

Today was the first day of school. I was met with hugs from all the toothless children I had last year who are stuck with me again thrilled to have me a second year in a row. They had about 982, 347, 101 stories about their summer to share. The little firsties, cute as all get out, want to call me teacher and get out of their seats and follow me around the room every two minutes. It drives me absolutely crazy, but they'll get it eventually. It took us approximately an hour and a half to get all the supplies collected and organized, and then it was only time for snack.

Can someone please get me a mocha?

To say it's going to be a long, challenging, hair-pulling kind of year is a complete understatement, but we'll make it.

The UPS man saved my life and brought in three huge gigantic boxes of math manipulatives (thank you, Jesus), and I spent an hour or so after school getting everything organized. You don't even know how much of a relief it was knowing I have what I need to teach this new math curriculum.

For your viewing pleasure, here's my room.

I figured since I've got a 1/2 blend that I'd go back to America's earliest educational establishments. . . a one-room schoolhouse.

I'm kidding. I been so busy I haven't even had a chance to take pictures.

My feet hurt. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Oh, girl... hang in there. I can only imagine what it is like having a mixed class. I have a hard enough time with 25 of the same grade. I can't wait to hear your stories. :)