Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ten on tuesday (the i love hummus edition)

1. I finally drug myself in, kicking and screaming, at approximately 10:30 to start the back-to-school-get-the-gigantic-classroom-decorated project. That was after I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics to kill time get some new fabric for a couple bulletin boards and happily signed up for a teacher card. That thing saves me 15% EVERY SINGLE TIME I SHOP THERE!!!! I left with a new tote bag which I'll hopefully remember to take with me to the grocery store (because I have a problem remembering those reusable bags.)

2. I called Hannah to wish her a happy birthday and she told me that she lost a tooth. I said, "Oh, did the Tooth Fairy come?" She said. "No." I said, "Really? Did you talk to your mom about that?" She says, "Ya, I did. Mom says that she must be really busy because kids in South Carolina and China and Japan lose teeth too." Interesting.

3. I made salmon for dinner. Pecan-parmesan crusted salmon to be exact. It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

4. Speaking of dinner, I'm working on a meal plan - kind of listing out all the main things that we eat. Right now I've got it categorized by (and please don't laugh even though it's around the world funny): Mexican, Italian, American, Chinese, soup, and sandwiches. I'm going to try to do a better job of meal planning which then in turn should aid in grocery shopping. All of that should make coming home at 5:00 a lot easier.

5. Remember our little camping trip to Lake Wanatchee? Well, I started a little scrappy project last week so I can remember it. I found a cheap little 5X7 black slide-in photo album at Bi-Mart (Phil505's favorite Northwest store!) and bought a bunch of Making Memories paper & embellishments. Here's what I've got done so far. You'll notice that I have absolutely no journaling done which is not going to help me remember anything about this trip, but I love the whole mini-album concept, and this one makes me happy.

I still have a bit to go, and it's nothing elaborate, but it's coming together rather quickly. I have found that working in a 5X7 space doesn't leave much room for stuff other than the pictures.

6. Phil505 and I are freezer shopping. We need more frozen space.

7. You haven't been eating runny eggs, have you? I think they're disgusting, quite honestly, so I'm certainly not going to get ecoli from eating a half-cooked egg.

8. I bought a new pair of black dress shoes for school. They are exactly the same as one of the pairs I bought last year. And that's not the first time that's happened. Why change a good thing?

9. My two newest addictions: Nutella (try it on graham crackers) and Meza Original Hummus (from Costco). Who would've ever thought that I'd like ground up chickpeas? Yum.

10. My new favorite song is by a band out of Georgia called The Museum. It's called My Help Comes from the Lord. You can listen to it here with lyrics or here with little bits and pieces of Seattle's Pike Street Market thrown in or over on my sidebar. It's in my playlist.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love hummus too... in fact, you have made me want to get some. TODAY. Thanks for that. lol

I totally understand about the shoes....

Love your scrapbook! I am so far behind now.. never thought I'd say that.