Saturday, August 21, 2010

peach cobbler

Oh, summer fruits, how I love thee! I originally got this recipe from tasteofhome.com, but I thought it was a bit much for two people and it had way too much sugar in it. It also called for nutmeg and I like cinnamon better. So here's my version with the changes I've made.

Ingredients:
1/4-1/2 c. sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 T. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. sliced, peeled peaches (I used 3 big peaches tonight, but wish I would've used 4)

Topping:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 T. cold butter
1 egg, beaten

In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add peaches & stir to coat. Pour into a greased 8X8 inch baking dish.

For topping: in a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in egg. Spoon over peaches.

Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream!

*I've even used frozen peaches that I've unthawed to make this and it turns out just as good.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds yummy!! I'm impressed with you changing it to YOUR tastes. lol :)

bmarquez said...

I'm tired of looking at your peach cobbler blog.