Saturday, August 21, 2010

my first attempt at a tri-fold shutter card

Hannah's a lucky girl this week because her Aunt Dee spent a whole heck-of-a-lot-of-time trying to figure out this card. (Otherwise known as I've been spending too many moments here and there over on youtube watching card and scrapbook tutorials and got sidetracked. A lot. A girl can get lost in the madness, I'm telling you. Scrapbooks made out of manilla envelopes. . . who knew? And besides, it's almost my last week of freedom.) Well, I watched Mary's clip for a tri-fold shutter card and she gave pretty good directions, so thought I'd give it a shot. How could I not with that cute southern drawl? When it's all folded up, it looks like this. . .

then you open it up and it looks like this. . .


Here's a closeup.
Probably in the future it might be wise of me to record the dimensions (with a ruler) of each little block because that's what took the longest. That and trying to figure out what to put in them. And I'll let you in on a little secret. . .even though the title says this is my first attempt, it's actually my second because I totally botched up the first one.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW... you did an AWESOME ob on this card!!!! :)

Dawn said...

Amazing! I am VERY impressed. What a great job! I am totally scraplifting this.