Saturday, July 17, 2010

muchas gracias

I've been busy whipping up some thank you notes. And salsa. Ole'! I have a few people to thank for making my Ohio visit oh-so-fun and I'm using up some of my scraps from the Mother's Day rose projects this year. They're too expensive pretty to throw away. I got the little Jolee's felt flowers at Walmart in the Easter candy section. They were super cheap - $1.00 a pack. I bought several. For Phil505 to put in my Easter basket, of course!



I'm also addicted to salsa, so, because Phil505 was working last night and I didn't feel like cooking for myself, I made some fresh, light, summery peach-mango salsa. (Dad, if you were here, I'd make you try it. There would be no regifting. You know what I mean.) If I made this again, which I just very well may, I'd add more peaches.


Peach-mango salsa (from Tasteofhome.com)


1 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes

3/4 c. chopped, peeled peaches

1/2 c. chopped red onion

1/2 c. chopped yellow pepper

1/2 c. chopped, peeled mango

2 T. chopped, seeded jalepeno pepper

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 1/2 tsp. lime juice

1/2 tsp. fresh minced cilantro


Mix all ingredients together. Chill. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. We happen to like the Tostitos Bite Size kind.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Pretty thank you notes. :)

That salsa looks yummmmy. :)

bmarquez said...

That's a lot of blogging lately. I love it.

My favorite card is the black one although all are nice.

I can't wait to make peach salsa myself. It looks awesome.

Do you think I will be a winner for leaving a comment on your blog?????