Thursday, May 20, 2010

your children are listening to you, america

So my kids are working on words that have err in them. One of the words was errand. Kind of a strange word that sometimes kids aren't familiar with. So I ask them, "What's an errand? What does it mean when your mom says I have a bunch of errands to run?"

They told me a few things like run to the store, mail a package. I totally thought we were getting somewhere.

I went on to say with much drama and flair, "OK, it's a Saturday morning, and I have a ton of errands to run. I've got to drop some cookies off at the church, I've got to get the oil changed in my car, I need a few things at Walmart, I have pictures to pick up at Costco, and my Grandma needs me to get her some bananas and milk. I hope it doesn't take me all day long to get these errands done."

Student K chimes in, "You could just avoid Walmart. My Mom does. She says it's ruining America."

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOL... good one!