Monday, April 19, 2010

when i grow up i wanna be a. . .

So this week is Spirit Week. It should really be called the week in which chaos and lost instructional time ensues. However, there are certain parts of Spirit Week that I rather enjoy. Those certain parts would be the days when I can actually come up with something semi-cool for that particular day's theme. It's not like I keep a garage full of stuff just to throw together for Spirit Week, but I try.

Today though, I had a plan. I firmly executed said plan, but not without throwing it out there on Facebook for all my friends to ponder first. Over the weekend I posted a status requesting ideas of what I should be on Occupation Day. Oh, what a wide array of ideas were thrown my way.

Phil505 said a teacher. How boring.

Friend from church back home said Lady Wendivere. But I don't have the cool costume from Kuhn's Costume Shop which just so happens to be where I bought my veil for my wedding. Ya, got it at a costume shop. Which, on the other side of the building, also happens to be a bridal salon. Which is also where my sister got her wedding gown, a gown that I had tried on a few months before. Go figure.

You can totally see my sister eyeballing that dress in the background.

Another friend from back home said Hannah Montana. Don't think that would be Christian school appropriate.

Sister dear says be her - dressed in Pepperidge Farm clothes with a bag of Goldfish and Milano cookies. Of course, that one would also require a big ol' red wig and two hairnets which I didn't happen to have here on hand.

Former roommate says Susan Powter. But no one would think that was very funny unless they had actually done Susan Powter step aerobics tapes while 'staying in oxygen' in the grass green carpeted living room in the little house in the ghetto. And then I'd have to buzz my hair. Stop the insanity!!!

I decided to be. . .and this should come as no surprise to you because it certainly didn't surprise my first graders. . . Mrs. Bergland, Professional Scrapper!!!

I borrowed the Creative Memories apron from my friend Liz, stuffed it full of crap, brought along two completed albums, a bag of more crap (the sign on the bag says STOP making excuses. You do have time to scrapbook. Ask me how!), a bunch of tags around my neck that said stuff like crop til you drop, patterned paper is your friend, and when in doubt add some bling.

Oh, and did I mention that the first grade class totally stole the spirit stick - which is more like a flag than a stick - today? That would be shortly after I ran out into the middle of the gym and made an announcement about National Scrapbooking Day being the first Saturday in May. We just jingled our way down the hall all stinkin' day.

Tomorrow we'll be bringing out the hats, ties and slippers. Phil505 tied me up a bunch of ties. Then he had the audacity to say that he should just teach me how to tie ties myself. I went totally ballistic on him and said absolutely no way, that would take away one of his most manly jobs - tying ties to help his wife get ready for spirit week. I couldn't do that to him, blah, blah, blah.

Ahh. . . good times.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Too funny! Sounds like through the chaos you are having some fun... hee hee.... :)

Unknown said...

And just how do you know that Susan Powter isn't a professional scrapbooker? I vote next year you shave your head and wear spandex under the CM apron and go for the "Multi-tasking-Stayin'-in- Oxygen-Scrapper"! Just think what all that good breathing could do for your layouts!