Tuesday, April 20, 2010

except.

Spirit Week.
Day 2.
Hats, ties & slippers.
Kids whining because their feet are sweating.
No, you're not taking off your socks.
I told you to bring a pair of shoes.
By mid-afternoon I'm about ready to throw every dang pair of slippers out the window.
Except the windows in my classroom don't open.
It's at this point on Day 2 that I'm ready.
Ready for it to be done and over with.
But no.
We've got three more days of this madness.

Gardening.
Geraniums bought.
Lovely flower color scheme picked out.
Red, white & a tinge of bright yellow.
I've never done yellow.
I'm usually drawn to the pinks and corals.
Hope all the red attracts the hummingbirds.
Went to my happy planting place Sunday afternoon.
Mr. Marbott's.
Cutest little old hunched-back gardening man you ever did see.
I pretend that he knows me since I've been going there for my flowers for five years.
Three bags of cow poop bought.
Big huge bag of dark black soil ready to go.
Another ginormous bag of compost.
All that's left is buying the veggies and getting everything in the ground.
And hearing the neighbors complain about the poop smell.
Except that it decided to be cold and rainy again.

Dinner.
Cooked by Phil505.
Spaghetti squash.
Bought by me.
(Surprise.
Surprise.)
Delightful little dish.
Almost tastes like real spaghetti.
Except it has squash in it.

Winner.
Rhymes with dinner.
Winner - winner chicken dinner!
I won another blog giveaway last week.
Awaiting some very cool scrappy stuff in my mailbox.
Thank you, Allison Davis.
It pays to leave comments on people's blogs.
(Hint.
Hint.)
I really need to do a giveaway on here.
Except I can't think of anything cool to give away.
Suggestions?

Phil505 and I finally saw the Blind Side Saturday night.
We don't get out to the movies much.
It was great.
Have you seen it yet, Dad?
Very heartwarming.
Kinda funny.
I liked it all.
Except the part at the very beginning where they show the guy getting his leg broken in a football play.
It was totally not even natural.
I have to say that Phil505 did warn me about that in advance.

I'm trying to stay on my path of healthier eating.
I'm pushing the fruits and veggies.
I'm doing what my Grandma Kline always said.
She said there are two things a woman should eat every single day.
Oatmeal and yogurt.
Grandma, I listened.
I thought I was doing really great.
Love me some Yoplait Light Raspberry Cheesecake.
Except everyone and their brother started talking about high fructose corn syrup.
And how bad it is for you.
It's in everything.
Seriously.
Check the ingredients label on just about anything.
So I am currently trying out Tillamook yogurt.
Northwest-y flavors like marionberry.
And no HFCS.

Jesus answered,
I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father
Except through me.
John 14:6.
Think about that.

I'd write more.
Except I've got laundry needing folding.
Because two people living here in this house generate more laundry than the average family of three.
And lunches needing packed.
And I've also a bed calling out my name.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

You are crazy... in such a good way. Hope this week of Spirit doesn't cause you to go crazier. Loved your "excepts."

Unknown said...

Schwen, I just love your writing style. The only thing I can't figure out is how it sounds so different from how you talk. Both are plenty cool, just so varied.

Blog freebies? I am so out of the loop. I need a SERIOUS tutorial, and it needs to include adding a playlist like yours. I bow in reverence to your blogginess.