Saturday, March 6, 2010

saturday dozen

1. When you go to 'Wowmart,' what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? Well, you all know it's not Noxzema anymore. I don't know, Grape Propel packets, low-sodium V-8, or Jif reduced fat peanut butter.

2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate? I don't do video games. No Nintendo. No Wii. No Guitar Hero (although I've played it once and could easily get hooked, what, with my musical background and all.) For me, it's only the occasional majohng (?) tiles with funky Asian music or solitaire.

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about? I love scrapbooking. Check out our dining room table if you don't believe me.

4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? Currently it's a new one by Mercy Me. They just started playing it on the radio. I'm not sure of the name, but the first line goes, "Separated. . . until the veil was torn." I love it.

5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: cheese.

6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers? You don't have to blog every single day. It's ok to skip one or two. Or three or four or five. But after five, people probably won't come back.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? I don't think they wanted it, but some of my other extended family members thought they should've named me Winnie, after my great grandmother. Needless to say, I am called Winnie and Winnie Pooh by lots of people I love anyway.

8. What in your life are you waiting for? For every member of my immediate family to fly out to Washington to see me. Sadly, I think I'm going to be waiting a very long time.

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? It's Beauty Control moisturizer or hand lotion from my friend and fabulous consultant, Natalie!!! Or since I just placed an order tonight, adhesive from Creative Memories. Or better yet, it could be Jones' Marcelled Potato Chips mailed with love by Mom.

10. Today–what song represents you? I Wanna Hold Your Hand.

11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? Blogging has taught me that I'm a better writer than I ever thought I was and that I should've taken more writing classes in college.

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today? Well, pajamas til 12:30 say, "Yeah! It's Saturday!!!" Then the jeans and purple shirt say, "Let's go to Ross and then get dinner!!!" Then the sweats I put on when I got back home say, "Hallelujah, it's still Saturday!!!"

2 comments:

Paul Smith said...

Luci again not Paul. I think I have found a cure to me being grumpy. I just need to read your blog. Thanks for making me smile.
Luci

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by ye olde blog today and letting me know you were around - It made me smile. Almost as much as when I see cheese on a salad :)

-CPQ-