Tuesday, March 2, 2010

note to random people

Dearest Landlords,

Thank you for deciding to stay in tropical sunny Hawaii for another year. I hope you know I was worried about you with the recent tsunami warnings you had over there and all. Thank you for not coming back which would have therefore caused me much grief and pain by having to look for a new place to live. That sort of work is really mentally and physically exhausting. Thank you for not forcing me to re-enter the local liquor stores to gather sturdy boxes. I always feel so awkward going in there. Thank you for not raising the rent. Really. Thank you for asking the property manager if your great tenants were going to stay for another year. That was simply so kind of you and made my day.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
your current tenant

PS - We think the bushes out front may be dead. Death by freezing is the only thing we can come up with. We haven't seen any signs of new green life yet.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Well I wouldn't want you to have to leave! Is your time to have the place year to year? Maybe they'll just keep staying in Hawaii. :)