Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ten on tuesday (the now i know why you don't eat raw cookie dough edition)

1. It's not fair that teachers can only claim $250 in the educator's expenses category. I spend so much more than that. Stinkin' income taxes.

2. The Olympics are over. Now what the heck am I supposed to do? Good thing Biggest Loser's coming back on tonight. And then there's Pam & Jim and the baby episode on Thursday's The Office. Of course, I do have some papers to grade too. And maybe I can even blog more now that I'm not glued to the Olympic Zone at 7:30 on channel 8.

3. My darling little niece Hannah is now mentally preparing herself for June 1st. The day the application of the braces begins. She's so young, only 7. And she's going to have a mouth full of metal. Plus she has to wear head gear. Poor thing. She's so excited about her purple glitter retainer, but boy, that's going to be a long ways away.

4. As it turns out, she shares in my genetic birth defect. So not only does she look just like me, she too, is missing an adult tooth.

5. I've been a-scrappin'. Getting some pages done. Well, there's always the unfinished journaling. Good to know some things never change.

6. Oregon & Washington lie on the Cascadian Subduction Zone. It's out there somewhere. If you've watched TV lately, you'll know that Chile lies on a different, but exact same kind of subduction thing, zone.

7. I'm mentally preparing for the big one. I just hope I'm not on a bridge when it hits. I've got to quit watching so much news.

8. "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love, and of a sound mind." I repeat that to myself a lot lately.

9. Used my first sick day of the year yesterday. Note to self - you probably shouldn't eat raw pre-packaged cookie dough unless you want to feel like someone is pushing a wooden rolling pin up and down your mid-section for approximately 48 hours. Especially when it says on the back of the package "Do not eat uncooked dough." It's always helpful to read the fine print. (Yes, it could have been what made me sick, but then again, I've had several students out with stomach ailments. No, I didn't eat that much cookie dough. Lesson learned none-the-less.)

photo credit

10. Phil is a really good guy. He took great care of me when I was feeling under the weather yesterday. He got me ginger ale and everything.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I love to eat raw cookie dough. Because of that I am just going to chalk up your episode to the fact that your kiddos in school have had something going around. :)