Monday, March 15, 2010

beware the ides of march

Todd and Cindy, if you are reading, that was for you. Occasionally I do see Columbus, Ohio on my feed thing-a-ma-jig. Remember how I seemed to visit you every March and sign your guest book on March 15th. Well, I do. And I thought about you all day today. Miss you guys! (Cindy, call me.)

Back by popular demand. . . with some of my all time favorite Celtic music. . . just in time for St. Patty's Day. . . the great profile music gadget!!! (insert Michael Flatley shoe taps) It's still located at the bottom. This time I have it set so you will have to scroll down and hit play in order for it to come on. It seemed to be the best compromise for those of you who have been begging for my music to come back, and dad, who still has dial up and hates the way the music slows him down even more. Hopefully it'll be beneficial to you all. I'll change it back to something a little more contemporary Christian-ish after this week.

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, the teachers on my floor and I are planning a little Irish step dance to a little diddly off my Riverdance CD on Wednesday. (Yes, I saw Riverdance live in Columbus, Ohio about 10 years ago. And yes, it was awesome!) Just as the children arrive, they'll be bombarded with wanna-be but ain't-never-gonna-happen-Gaelic dancers. I need to hit up JoAnn's for some of those shamrock head bands. You know the kind, where the glittery shamrocks are attached to the top of a not-so-slinky slinky. And I was thinking some of those green beads they had at the checkout counter would be good too. Earlier today I heard Lucky Charms calling my name.

T minus four school days and counting til spring break 2010. Phil booked us a hotel on the top of a cliff. I'm all about the tsunami protection plan these days. He said he thinks we should be safe in case of an actual emergency. We might be ok, we just might not be able to make it home for three months.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I would like to see pictures of this Gaelic outfit!! I know the kids will have a blast. :)