Sunday, May 3, 2009

sunday thoughts

But now, God's Message,
the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
the One who got you started, Israel:
Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.
So don't be afraid: I'm with you.
Isaiah 43:1-5 (the Message)

Ever feel like the world is moving around you faster than you can comprehend? That's sort of how I have been feeling the last month or so. With packing, moving, cleaning, and unpacking (which still isn't done yet); with school stuff - kids and their parents; with trying to remember when I'm supposed to play on worship team and then forgetting; with dad's weekend in the hospital. I've been like that little plant stuck in the middle of a swiftly moving stream. Trying to hold on. Trying to keep my head above the water.

Isaiah's words are timely for me today. Today was a good day of rest. Just like it's supposed to be.

No comments: