Monday, March 9, 2009

doggy paddlin'

Ever get to a point where you feel like you're just barely able to keep your head above the water? Like you're scrambling around just to keep things afloat? I feel that way at the moment, and have for a few days. I feel like I'm so behind on everything. I hate that feeling.

And what am I so behind on, you may be asking?
  • communicating with the ones I love - started a letter to my aunt the other day. It's still waiting as an attachment on email to get finished. There are other cards waiting to be mailed on the end table.
  • laundry - never ever feel caught up with that. And there's only two of us.
  • Bible study - way behind.
  • scrapbooking - approximately two years.
  • grading - it's a daily battle, especially when your curriculum is worksheet driven.
  • meal planning - hasn't happened in a long time.
  • exercise - enough said.
  • project 365 - need to upload pictures from the camera, but even then, I'm still not caught up.
  • balancing the checkbook - actually sitting down and writing in all the debit card purchases, hasn't happened in a great long while. Thank goodness for online banking that I can check every day.

Why am I so behind?

  • I read too many blogs.
  • Then there's that whole vortex of Facebook.
  • I'm dead dog tired when I get home at night.
  • I like sleeping in as long as I can in the mornings.
  • That stupid time change screws me up for at least a week. Not sure if that really qualifies as an excuse, but I'm using it as one anyway.
  • We've been house hunting in all our "spare time." (Note to faithful readers: update on the townhouse of my dreams. . . someone else has applied for it, however, it's still listed on the property management website. So I'm not sure what's going on there. Therefore, we keep searching just in case.)
  • There are only 24 hours in a day.

Spring Break - starts in 11 days. Hallelujah!

No comments: