Third time's a charm.
Topic #3 - 7 things to do this weekend that do not take an excessive amount of planning
Things to note about this post: Phil has tomorrow off. He rarely gets Saturdays off, so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. He's also been studying a lot for his big licensure test (NCE) he's taking on Monday. So a little R&R will be good for both of us.
1. Happy hour with some teacher friends in downtown Vancouver. This took approximately four emails to plan this afternoon. Done and done. They gave me a toast for being a rock star librarian. My library gig is coming to an end. Someone has been hired and I'm heading back into the sub pool next week.
2. Pick out my first doughnut from VooDoo Donuts. Going there tomorrow morning. I've been waiting 10 years for this.
3. Check out the kite festival in Lincoln City. Hey, the weather's supposed to be nice, might as well drive to the beach.
4. Possible quick trip to Sonic for a diet cherry coke.
5. Pumpkin patch, farmer's market or roadside stand for some mini pumpkins and bumpy gourds.
6. Listen to our new pastor give his first sermon. We've been waiting for two months for them to come.
7. Change the calendar bulletin board at church and update it for October.