Tuesday, June 24, 2014

cards (and banners) - part 2

Next on my list of cards to make was a wedding card. Since I already had kraft paper, my butterfly punch, and doilies out, I went with that. It's almost a reverse of the birthday card I made, but with different patterned paper. I also had a cut apart sheet with the little sentiment, so I made that into a little banner. Added some pink ribbon, and called it done.

Two of the gals I taught with are getting married in August, so as a staff, we had a combined bridal shower for them on the last day of school. I volunteered to make banners. I tried to make it simple and used kraft cardstock. I cut one 8.5 X 11 inch piece of paper into fourths to get started.

Soon-to-be Mrs. Edwards is getting married at a winery and her colors are teal and navy blue. I used the doilies and a heart die cut and some sheer ribbon to tie it together.
Future Mrs. Pamiroyan is getting married in Hawaii and I just so happened to have some silk Hawaiian flowers in my stash from a past project. Her colors are fuschia and bright blue. I used my scallop punch across the bottom of hers and strung it on twine.
If I would've been smart, I would've designed a couple of extra cards or used the back of the words to say Mr. &, that way they could've rearranged it and used it at their reception or something. Hind sight is always 20/20.
I love kraft paper. There are so many different ways to use it.

No comments: