Sunday, November 17, 2013

at the moment i'm. . .


eating nothing at the moment, but I had a chicken sandwich from Wendy's for dinner.
drinking diet Coke.
hoping to hear good news about a 1/2 time teaching job I applied for last week. It's for a Literacy Intervention Teacher position and I've had one phone call already from a principal I know. I should hear more early this week. 
praying for my grandma who was in the hospital over the weekend with pneumonia. She came home today, but is really weak.
listening to Laura Story's new CD, Part of Every Story (I really like the first song).
procrastinating on vacuuming. And dusting. And cleaning the office/scrapbook room. 
booking sub jobs. I have one day left in November. I've got days booked clear into March.  I had seven requests for November 20th. There's some sort of district training that a lot of people are going to. The early bird got the worm on that one.
sending off our Operation Christmas Child shoebox today. We did one for a boy this year. Usually I do a gift for a girl, but I thought I'd change it up this time. I went online and made the shipping donation, so hopefully this year I'll be able to track where it ends up. I heard a lot of them are going to the Philippines.
enjoying a cup of General Foods International Cafe' French Vanilla in the mornings. I can totally do fake coffee.
pondering what to do when Phil has some time off after Christmas.
loving that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
anticipating the ladies' Christmas luncheon on December 7th. I've been planning like a mad woman and pinning ideas to incorporate in the program. I like to keep with the traditions that they have, but change it up just enough that it's memorable for something else. Our theme this year is The Christmas Shoes (which will make table decorating a nightmare, so I'm letting them do whatever they want) and we are going to have a shoe and sock drive for orphans at Project Manuelito in Honduras. 
wanting to bake, but knowing we don't need it.
deciding on what invitations to make for my 4th annual Christmas cookie exchange. I think I'm going with a Santa suit design.
needing to paint. Trim in the bathroom, trim everywhere else, the walls and fake rock fireplace in the family room. I'm ready for a change in here.
making cards. 
thinking about Christmas shopping and lists and cards and trees and decorations.

1 comment:

bmarquez said...

At the moment I'm enjoying reading your blog.