Monday, March 25, 2013

"let's go someplace fun"

When Phil got off work Saturday afternoon, we went to see if we could find any deals on dress pants for him at JC Penney. He got a good deal on a new Easter outfit (goodbye, Jesus tie, you will be missed) and then we went to Sonic for happy hour - because nothing says good times like 1/2 price drinks and slushes.

Once we were finished there, we were kind of trying to figure out where we should go/what we should do  next. I said, "Let's go someplace fun." He said, "How about Lowe's?" I said, "Lowe's is not my idea of a fun place." His reply, "Lowe's is only fun for you when the outdoor section is full of flowers."

People, I kid you not, at that exact moment, the angels sang, I caught sight of the flowers at Lowe's, my eyebrows raised in excitement, and I said, "Ya, let's go to Lowe's. Lowe's is fun!"
The primroses were on sale for 88 cents. But wait, it gets even better, because when we got to the checkout, the guy said, "The primroses are being clearanced out, and they're only 44 cents a piece." Baby daffodils and primroses, fun times.

Interesting sidenote: we went back to Lowe's on Sunday because I thought for 44 cents I could get a couple more primroses for my barrel planter thing out by the shed. Different day, different checkout guy, same exact flowers from the same exact spot. . .  and they rang up at 88 cents. Go figure.

2 comments:

Luci Smith said...

So pretty. I love daffodils and baby ones....oh my so pretty. I need to add color to my front yard this year. Not sure when I am moving though.....but still need some color.
Luci

Kellie said...

Oh, how I have missed your humor. I really just need to sit back and read my blogs more often. lol!!! LOVE the flowers and LOVE your spin on Lowe's. You are too funny, girl. Glad you got some pretties. :)