Saturday, September 15, 2012

just in case inquiring minds want to know

I am still without a job.

And yes, I will stoop so low as to use my poor little puppy dog to try to find humor in a rather bleak situation.
It's a coping mechanism. That, and eating peanut butter out of the jar.

I interviewed two weeks or so ago for a position with a company that does before and after school care in local public schools. It's a split shift position, 32 hours a week, decent pay and pretty darn good benefits. The interview went well, or so I thought. She said she was going to call me. She didn't.

But then I got a call from another center, same company, and they had somehow received my application. I had an interview with them on Monday and a second one on Tuesday for a position I didn't even apply for. I thought, well this will be a cool blog post, i got the job i didn't even apply for, but apparently that will not be the case. It came with 36 hours now/40 hours in the summer and my own classroom. I got excited about the possibilities of Monday lunch dates with Phil505 and doing some volunteer work during the day, but promises of "I'll call you either way and let you know" turned into lies because again, I did not receive a phone call.

I have come to the conclusion that I must be over-qualified to babysit.

So out of the eight interviews I've had this summer, only two have actually called me to tell me that I didn't get the job. Is that crazy or what? Where is common courtesy these days?

So as of right now I am on the sub list for Firm Foundation, my dream school. I have applied to sub in Camas (neighboring town) and will apply to sub for Vancouver Public this week. I've applied for every elementary teaching job I've seen, paraeducator positions, daycares, preschools, a handful of doctor's offices (most of them want previous medical office experience), office/receptionist positions, and most recently a company that writes standardized test questions. Still waiting to hear on that one.

That about sums it all up. Thank you for your continued prayers. And if you want to add my crappy attitude to that list, that would probably be a good thing.