Thursday, September 27, 2012

around here

Watching things in the garden start to die out. It's looking not-so-green anymore.
I think the cucumbers are now officially done and the green beans aren't far behind,
but the zucchini is attempting a comeback
and the tomatoes are still going strong.
Most of all, I can't wait to pick my pumpkins! First time I ever grew pumpkins.
We've had good experiences
and not so good experiences. You live and you learn.
Working on my new Bible study, Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore & Kay Arthur. It's our new ladies' study for the fall at church and so far it's been great.
Isn't it amazing how God hits you right upside the head sometimes when you're struggling with things? For example, I can't even begin to tell you how many times and in different ways verses from Matthew 6 have come into my mind in the last two or three weeks. I've done a lot of worrying about not being employed, and obviously He wants me to know He's got it all taken care of. Ya, that whole He's going to take care of the birds so how much more is He going to take care of me thing. Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceburg.

Paying attention to where the money's going.

Listening to Meredith Andrew's song Not For A Moment (After All). It grabs my attention every time I hear it on the radio. It's the song that is fit for my moment.

Cooking soup! Sunday, being the first Sunday of fall, brought back the return of the Sunday Soup-pers. It's what we have every Sunday night for dinner. Looking forward to some of our favorites as well as trying out some new recipes.

Celebrating babies being born. My cousin Sarah had a baby girl last Wednesday and my friend Barbara welcomed a new grandson last Thursday. He was born on his Papa's birthday. So sweet!

Waiting for pumpkin milkshakes and smoothies at Burgerville next month. Believe it or not, I missed out last year. I don't intend to let that happen again.

Searching for a printout of piano chords to help ease the transition of going from playing with notes to chords only at church. I'm sure there's got to be something online, but I've yet to stumble upon it. If you have any ideas, please leave me a comment.

Baking - this week it was oatmeal cookies.

Planning the annual ladies' Christmas luncheon. I have {what I think would be} a great idea, but I don't know if it's gonna be a go or not. Think Mele Kalikimaka with a special musical guest to really complete the theme. Also thinking about my cookie exchange and who I want to invite this year. Phil already wants to know if I'm going to make the chocolate Andes' Mint cookies I made last year. They were sooooo good, but I'll probably change it up. Maybe.

Working on my Project Life album. Cleaning the garage {which isn't done, but looks a whole lot better now}. Job applications. Job applications. Job applications.

Thinking about maybe making one more batch of salsa. Or maybe half a batch. I certainly have the time on my hands to do it.

Loving that Wilson isn't waking me up barking his head off the moment Phil walks out the door at 4:00 every morning. That was getting old real fast. I think maybe because it's staying darker he's sleeping longer.
Trying to find {speaking of Wilson} dog toys that he can't destroy in 2.3 seconds. Yesterday we bought him a Nylabone edible chew. The little paper inside the packaging says, "Edible chew products are treats. Their lifespan depends on how determined a chewer your dog is." OK, well, he maybe had it five minutes and this is what's left. Over half of it was gone. Obviously we have a determined chewer.
Reading, well, besides my big long list of blogs, I've got Up From the Blue by Susan Henderson. It's just ok. Seems to be taking me a while to read it. I need a good memoir. Any suggestions?
Bundling up in my afghan in the mornings while I drink my hot tea. Definitely feeling cooler in the mornings, but still bright and sunny in the afternoons and early evenings.

Dreading the rain that's soon to come.

Linking up today to Ali Edwards' blog. Lots of other fabulous bloggers/scrapbookers are too. You should check it out.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Schwen!! Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.piano-play-it.com/piano-chord-chart.html

bmarquez said...

I don't "like" that you are without a job, but I do "like" you are blogging more!

Luci Smith said...

The song Steady My Heart has become the girls and I theme song. It comes on K-LOVE and we get all excited and say "OUR SONG OUR SONG" and then we sing it really loud in the car. Love how music can get your mind focus on what really is true.
I am happy to see more posts from you.
Oh and Mele Kelekimaka is a great theme. I know how to dance the hula to the song Winter Wonderland if you want me to teach it to you and you can perform it. :)