Monday, May 7, 2012

week in the life - friday

Behind on my blog, as usual, but I wouldn't want you to miss out on the rest of my week in the life. From two weeks ago. . .

What better way to start off the morning than with the biggest mug of hot tea one can find?

My feet. Kinder feet. I want to wear striped tights to school. (OK, not really.)

Self-portrait at 7:30 am.
Recess duty.

Phil came at the end of the day to pick up the computer and say goodbye for the weekend and he brought me an afterschool snack. Two of my favs!
Then it was off to ladies' retreat. I met up with my friend and trusty sidekick, Barbara. On our way to Hood River we passed Multnomah Falls. I tried to get a better picture, but the top of the falls is all I managed to get.
The view of the Columbia River outside my hotel room. Looking west.
 And looking east.
My sister-in-law, Cindy, came to retreat too. She's married to Steve, one of Phil's older brothers, and he's pastoring the Maple Leaf Evangelical Church in Seattle. It was fun to catch up with her and spend some time together. This retreat was for all the women in the Evangelical churches in the Pacific Northwest Conference. Phil's dad, his grandfather, and a couple of his brothers have all pastored in this conference. So all weekend I heard the older ladies say, "Oh, you're Phil's wife!" It cracked me up everytime.

After dinner we had our first session and worship time. Then it was back to the room to get settled in for the night. Barbara only kept me up for about two hours with her snoring, and then I managed to get some sleep. At least she didn't steal the blankets.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOL!! Sounds like that week/weekend was quite interesting. :)