Friday, March 9, 2012

i just keep on pinning, pinning, pinning

I LOVE PINTEREST. How about you? Seriously, I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Everything I find online that I love in one handy dandy place. I thought today I'd share some of my favorite pins that I've actually tried as of late. Because, let's face it, we all know that we can pin a lot of things that are just there on our boards to make us feel good and never actually do anything with them.

So, let's start with the dessert, because nothing says delicious like peanut butter and chocolate. I made this trifle for a church fellowship dinner. I love trifles. Layering bits of goodness in a glass bowl makes me feel the power of Martha Stewart. This one got rave reviews.

Then, one day, while browsing for some American symbol ideas to use with my class, I stumbled across a blog that I can't remember (because I didn't actually pin it), but she linked a youtube video on how to draw the statue of liberty. Now, I scrapbook, and I'm pretty good at it, but I can't draw anything to save my life. I mean, even stick people come out looking funny. Well, we watched the video first, then we watched it and drew a practice Lady Liberty, and then we watched it one more time and did another one, and here's an example of my kindergarteners drawings. I mean, how cute is that?


I tried this chicken recipe this week. A lot of people have been repinning this one and stating it's fabulousness. Well, from us, it got an, 'eh.' Maybe I'd make it again and actually use the real freshly grated parmesan cheese, maybe I won't. It wasn't horrible, but the stuff on top came out looking yellow. I thought that was weird. 

My cousin Kimberly pinned this one and was singing its praises, so I tried it and now I've made this Mongolian beef recipe a couple of times. I really like it. I'd suggest adding broccoli or stir fry some veggies to go with it. But it's yummy.

One more thing I was dying to try is the homemade shower cleaner that's supposedly the best soap scum remover ever made. It's half white vinegar (heated up in the microwave) and half Dawn dish soap combined in a spray bottle. Well, it did take some soap scum off, but my glass doors are still spotty in a few places, and I was hoping that this was going to be the cleaner of my dreams. (Cleaning the shower is the worst job ever.) I think I'm going to try it again and next time I'll do the scrubbing with a dryer sheet. Because dryer sheets are supposed to be pretty good at removing soap scum off glass doors too. Maybe the combination of the two will have things sparkling. We'll see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally hear Dory from "Finding Nemo" singing "Keep on pinning, keep on pinning, keep on pinning,pinning, pinning!" I promised myself not to pin another blessed unless I have created something first. I'll post some of my projects soon. Good for you on trying the recipes. I've tried a few, too, but I seldom remember to take a picture!

Kellie said...

That trifle looks AWESOME. I pin when I can, but don't get on there much. However, it is addicting so that is why I don't go there much. lol Your ideas are great! Love the Statue of Liberty pics!