Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ten on tuesday (the packing has begun edition)

1. Yep. It's official. We have signed the papers for our house and will get the keys on Thursday!!! We turned in our 30 day notice today (advanced with 8 extra days). We've bought the mega-pack of 3M tape and we went to town in the family room and the linen closet tonight. The boxes are already piling up.

2. Holy cow. We have a lot of books.

3. Speaking of books, I finished reading The Book Thief the other day.


I started Those Who Save Us tonight.

Both are Holocaust stories. Both stories revolve around a young female and their attempts to hide Jews. The Book Thief was pretty long and was told from the point of view of Death (and that was weird), but once I got into it, I had a hard time putting it down. I liked Liesel and I was sad when I got to the end of the story because I wanted it to keep going. And I had questions that didn't really get answered.  Here's a good review that pretty much sums it up quite well. It's just one of those books that really sits with you.

4. Phil505's birthday is a week away. He keeps trying to figure out what I'm getting him. He doesn't really like surprises, so he keeps bugging me. Every. Single. Day.
 
5. 45 is a lot of candles to put on a cake. Just sayin'.
 
6. In an attempt to be nicer to my feet this school year, I'm going to try to avoid buying poorly made shoes. Today at Ross I found a pair of Clarks for $29.99. Score! My feet are already thanking me.
 
7. I now have a nephew in junior high and a niece that's turning 9 tomorrow. They were my super cute almost 6 and not quite 2 year old ring bearer and flower girl.
 
8.  I called my mom and asked her if she felt the earthquake and she says,"What earthquake?" Well, that answered that question
 
9. It's almost time to start baking with pumpkin!
 
10. Happy birthday, Glenda! Hope you had a wonderful day today :)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Your feet will be thanking you, girlie! I wear Birkenstocks and love every minute of it.
Happy Birthday to Phil505!

Enjoy that packing... what a blessing to know you are!!!