Saturday, May 21, 2011

ahhh. . . the weekend

Phil505 is happy tonight. He gets to watch soccer at home on a locally televised station. The Portland Timbers are playing against the Columbus Crew. It's like a friendly spousal competition. Not that I really care about major league soccer, but no matter where on earth I roam, I'll always root for any team out of Ohio. In fact, I totally forgot that it was going to be on and I came home with a movie from the RedBox. I guess we'll just keep it an extra day and pay an extra dollar. We end up doing that 90% of the time anyway because we always forget to return the dumb things.

So, with that being said, it will probably come as no surprise to you that I have yet another library overdue notice on my kitchen counter right now.

Spent about 10 hours scrapping this weekend. Got in some time with the ladies. Got my fingers gluey. Got a couple little projects done and worked on pages for my kids' end of the year memory books. Now that I've been back home, reality has set in and I see that there's laundry and vacuuming to do, papers to grade, stuff to put away. . .

I thought school was out June 10th. We always end on a Friday. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I looked at the school calendar to see that we actually get out on Wednesday this year. If you're not good with math, that would be the 8th of June. (Imagine the Hallelujah Chorus playing right now.) As long as I'm out before my birthday, then I'm good, but this is the earliest I've gotten out in quite some time. And to say that I'm happy about that would be an understatement.

I got a special little treat in the mail this week from my dad. He sent me a peach salsa recipe. Dad, you're awesome! But you'll be even more awesomer (yes, I realize that's not a word, but I don't really care) if you actually try that peach salsa I sent you in the mail. Trust me.

I thought this week that I'd run out of things to write about on this here blog. That there are no more parts to this here story. But my hot husband, who happens to be wearing an Ohio State shirt tonight, just told me that there are always stories to tell. And I'll never run out of them.


We shall see.


1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOL! You make me smile. :)