1. The weather has been bee-u-tee-ful this week. The sun's been shining and the fall leaves are in their prime. It's amazing how good sunshine can make you feel. While the weather's been nice, we got the daffodils planted, half the tulips are in the ground (saving the rest for the pots), and we cleaned up the front flower beds. We also spread out some slug bait because they were getting nasty out there.
2. Today was the end of the first quarter. Really? A fourth of the year is gone??? I feel like we're not getting very much accomplished. Could be due to the fact that I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off most days.
3. Our new furniture came today. Ahhh. . .so nice not to have that sinking feeling. And the living room has that new furniture smell. I'll post pictures when the lighting's better.
4. I'm starting to get into the Christmas spirit. I know it's still early, but I've been making a set of cards for my school's Christmas bazaar/silent auction. I also bought a new stack of Christmas papers. And today. . . I listened to Christmas music. It was for the children. Because we need to learn some new songs for the Christmas program.
5. I'm hosting a table at our ladies' Christmas luncheon at church. This year's theme is "Christmas Recipes." As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to sign up for a table and use buckeyes as my recipe. My table will include a little bit of Christmas polka dots mixed in with a little bit of the Ohio State Buckeyes. And just for the record, my mom mailed me a box of buckeyes from the tree in her yard today. It's going to be awesome. Or at least what I'm picturing in my mind is awesome.
6. Don't forget that you get an extra hour of sleep this weekend! Fall back is the best. I've only forgotten it once. Hey, Melissa. . . remember that one time at TTU when we forgot to set the clocks back and we actually got up and went to breakfast for like the first time ever in the history of our college experience only to find out that everyone else on campus was still in bed?
7. We were at Winco on Sunday after church and there was a grandma dressed up as an angel. I had my phone out. I wanted to get her picture so bad. But there was just never a good time without being completely obvious. You'll have to trust me on this. A seventy year old woman with long gray hair dressed up in an angel costume complete with wings and a halo at the grocery store is pretty darn funny. She was totally flaunting it too.
8. Phil505 brought me back an "I voted" sticker when he dropped off our ballots. I love him.
9. An Aunt Nancy update: She had her second chemo treatment this week and was admitted again (yep, this happened after her first treatment too) for severe nausea and dehydration. Her birthday is today too. Kinda crummy to be sick and in the hospital on your birthday. Your continued prayers for her are appreciated.
10. I'm so, so, sooooooo happy that all the political commercials are finally over. Anybody with me on that?