Saturday, October 30, 2010

i haven't done one of these in a while

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... everything's wet and dying. And I'm wondering when I'm going to be able to get out there and plant those big bags of daffodil and tulip bulbs I bought a while back. Yesterday was a nice, dry day. Why couldn't today be too?

I AM THINKING ... about the upcoming holidays. And how in the world we're going to pull off this year's Christmas program at school.

I AM LEARNING … that silly bands should be outlawed in every school in America.

I AM THANKFUL FOR ... our new furniture that's scheduled to arrive on Thursday. And that it's only going to cost $16.01 to have the old couch hauled off by the garbage man. And for 36 months same as cash plans.

FROM THE KITCHEN ... uh. . .apparently, I need to wash the dishes.

I AM WEARING ... black workout pants & a blue pajama top

I AM GOING ... to have one 4-day school week and three 3-day weeks in the month of November. We have a report card planning day this coming week, Veteran's Day & Staff Development the next week, parent teacher conferences the week after that, and then there's Thanksgiving break.

I AM READING ... Max Lucado's book Fearless. My cute Sunday School teacher (aka Phil505) is leading us in a study and it's kinda-sorta part of the homework, but not really.

I AM CREATING ... Jody's wedding album, still. Haven't worked on it in a few weeks. Looking for just the right kind of photo corners. And need to get busy again on my encyclopedia - Me: the Abridged Version.

I AM HOPING ... my Aunt Nancy has a great birthday on Thursday. And that her body responds well to the chemo.

I AM HEARING ... only traffic. No other noises right now except for the ticking of the clock and the hum of the computer.

AROUND THE HOUSE ... it's looking lived in.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ... since we've had so much rain this week, the mountains are all white again. I really enjoyed the views of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens on my way home yesterday.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEKEND ... shampoo the carpets, catch up on some grading, laundry, bond with Phil505 over football.

A PICTURE TO SHARE ...

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOVE these. :) You know who will be stealing from you. lol Can't wait to see your couch!