Saturday, October 9, 2010

random saturday tidbits

For the first time ever in my life, I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile today. I was driving or I'd definitely have a picture for you.

I went to the ACSI teacher's convention on Thursday and Friday. I was reminded again of why having Pumpkin Day and sending out Flat Stanleys across America is such a cool idea.

Our musical guest at the convention was Jon Bauer. He was the Canadian Christian vocalist of the year in 2008. I thought he was great. Very Chris Tomlin-like.

While riding the MAX downtown to the Convention Center on Thursday morning, I saw a man who looked exactly like Dennis Rader. You know, the BTK. I have read a lot about the BTK. When he was on trial for all those murders, I read the entire court log. Once, not too long ago, Phil505 and I were browsing at Barnes & Noble and I saw a book on serial killers. I had to know if the BTK was in there. He was.

I have been attacked the last two weeks by my mutant allergy genes. It's not been pretty. I've gone to bed early, once at 7:30 and once at 8:00 and have run out of Benadryl. In an attempt to combat the dry mouth, I found these new Hall's mouth moisterizer drops. I'll tell you right now, DON'T BUY THEM. Something in them gave me a whole mouth full of canker sores. So on top of headaches, not being able to breathe through my nose, my eyes watering like crazy, uncontrollable sneezing, and coughing, coughing, coughing, the inside of my mouth is so sore I can hardly eat. Good times.

This past Wednesday we had a girls' night out with the ladies of our former small group from a couple years back. It was great to get together and eat good Panera Bread food and just talk the night away. We were still talking at a quarter til 10 when the Panera Bread girl told us it was ok if we stayed a little longer but that they were going to start vacuuming.

I had to do some bloodwork today. Do you know what actually hurts more than the poke? That stupid plastic rubber band they tie around your arm. I hate that thing.

I've been working on a wedding album. . . all the live long day. Not really, but here's a sneak peek:

Nothing's glued down yet, and I'm still playing around with the pages, but it's going to be so pretty when it's done. I gave my cricut a great workout last weekend.

As you maybe could tell from that picture, we still haven't hung the hydrangea prints in the dining room yet. But that's ok, because my box of fall decorations is calling out my name today, so I'll be going to dig out the pumpkins.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You've been busy, girl! Your convention was a week after mine. We are with the NCCSA, though. We have gone to ACSI before, but it has been a long time.

Your pages are so pretty! Hope you are feeling better soon. Allergies are bad around here, too. :(