Monday, October 18, 2010

an oregon sunrise

Every morning my drive to school turns to the east. If I'm lucky enough to drive out of the fog from the river, I can catch the remains of a fabulous sunrise just before I'm blinded by all the light.

Most mornings I usually start singing "The steadfast love of the Lord never changes. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness, oh Lord. Great is Thy faithfulness."

I left 15 minutes earlier today so I got to see the sun just peeking over the mountains (that's Mt. Hood in the center). The clouds were much more pink, but by the time I made sure there weren't any cops around (I'm such a risk taker), checked to see that there weren't any cars beside me, and got my camera phone in picture-taking mode, the pink was starting to fade away.

But it was still too pretty not to share.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love the sunrises we see over the lake near our house. They definitely show the glory of God and His ever-sustaining faithfulness. Glad you got a pic without a cop catching you. lol