Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the best tip i ever heard from dr. oz

I never thought I'd be writing about a great tip for smoother heels, but I am. Dr. Oz, as in Oprah's best bud, once had a, oh. . . what would you call it? Home remedy show for problems women all over America face. One of the questions someone asked was about what to do for dry, cracked heels. Raise your hand if you've ever had that problem. Go ahead, don't be shy. We're all friends here.

I have them, but my sister has them way worse than me. (Yes, don't you just love how I share all her personal problems all over the world wide web?) I've tried the shower sandpaper scrubber thing, soaking in lavender smelling stuff, lotions and potions, and once I even attempted that blade. Shave your callouses goodbye! But once I went in a little too deep and it made me nervous that I was going to cut my whole heel off. So I threw it away. I thought the only cure was for me to go in for weekly pedicures which is currently not in the budget at this time. HA! Who am I kidding? Weekly pedicures are probably never going to be in the budget.

Cue angelic music for the salisylic acid!!!!

I'm serious. This works. Get yourself some Oxy pads. Yes, as in what teenage boys use for their acne problem. You can get Clearasil (which is what I bought simply because they were the cheapest) or the Walmart brand, or whatever. Just check the label to make sure it has salisylic acid in it. Most of them say 2%. Then every other night or so, rub your heels with the zit pad, let them dry, wash with soap and water, and continue by applying the thickest lotion or creme you've got. I'm using Shea it isn't So from Bath & Body Works. Finally, wear socks to bed (I know, I hate it too, but trust me on this) and very soon you will have smoother, softer feet.

The salasylic acid simply eats away all that dead tough skin. Who would've thought???

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Now that is a cool tip!! I'll have to remember that when my feet are having moments in the winter!