Tuesday, June 22, 2010

gearing up for a four hour layover in minneapolis

Phil505 is dropping me off at the airport tonight around 11 or so. I booked a red-eye, which means my departure time is at the ungodly hour of 12:50 am. Why do I do this to myself you may be asking? Because it's cheaper. I plan on sleeping for the better part of that 3 1/2 hour or so flight to Minneapolis. Then I have four hours to kill. Oh my word. Four. Hours. Besides people watching, something I love to do, I'm packing my personal bag with the following:

This book has been on my reading wish list for a while. I keep hearing really good things about it. My friend Angie surprised me on Sunday with it as a belated birthday present. (Thanks, Angie!) It's plenty long and should occupy a big chunk of my time. But if I get bored, then there's always the latest issue of. . .


because it's never too early in the morning to read about the latest and greatest in the scrapbooking industry. I bought this three days ago and it's been calling my name. But I've not given in to the pressure to read it before my trip.

Perhaps while reading, perhaps while sleeping, perhaps while people watching, I've always got my trusty blue i-pod loaded with songs and ready to go.
And if all else fails, I do have a small stash of these. I firmly believe in always traveling with something sour and/or gummy.
And now I'm off to pack the other stuff - which may or may not be as important as the four things I've mentioned. Of course, several Christmases ago, I learned the hard way when our luggage got lost for like four days to always pack extra underwear, pajamas, makeup, and toiletries in your carry-on bag. Totally planning on doing that.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Glad you are getting ready! I know you are so excited!!! Looks like you have your packing all planned out. Have a safe trip!

Sandra said...

Hey Schwenn!
Hope your trip is safe and non-eventful. Have a fabulous time with the fam. If you get the chance to see Melissa at all in your Ohio travels...say Hi from me. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!