Thursday, May 13, 2010

13 on the 13th because 13 is my favorite number and i want to see how many times i can use 13 in this title

1. I regret to inform you that there has not been much going on that's been real fascinating and blog-worthy lately. And how I'm going to come up with 12 more things is beyond me.

2. Phil asked me at dinner how many vegetables I had today. I said, I had a can of V-8 at lunch. So what's that? Nine or ten??? I got this strange look back from him as he said with his eyebrow raised toward the ceiling, "Um. 8." Oh ya, I get it. V-8. Eight vegetables all rolled up into one happy serving. It's been a long week.

3. My birthday is one month from today. It's ok to start shopping for me now. Maybe I should blog my wishlist so you all know what I really want. When in doubt, Craft Warehouse gift cards are always a fine choice.

4. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1 officially kicked my butt in less than 20 minutes yesterday. I thought, "It's been a while." This morning as I attempted to get out of bed, I remembered why it's been a while.

5. Phil505 has lost 20 pounds. I'm so proud of him! And he didn't even have his butt kicked by Jillian Michaels. Which is so not fair, but he reminded me tonight that men just get in shape faster than women. Wonderful for them, stinks for us.

6. We got our income tax return check back. See, I told you. Real exciting times going on here.

7. It was sunny and 76 here today. Took the children out for an extra recess. What they really don't know is that the extra recess was for me. And we would've gone out regardless of if they all got their math finished or not. And what they don't know won't hurt them.

8. I finally bought an extra pair of tweezers to keep in the car. You'll remember that I wrote about that before - how the natural light makes it so much easier to see. . .

9. On that same shopping trip to Walmart, I about fainted in the aisle. Because, lo and behold, they had Noxzema in stock! I bought two big jars for my summer stockpile.

10. This isn't about me so much, but she is my sister. And her daughter looks just like me. And we both have to go to the bathroom everytime we step into Walmart together. It's just a weird little thing we share. And I love her. Anyway, she's having her gall bladder removed on Tuesday. She's got a quack for a doctor and he's let her deal with a nasty painful blood and stomach bacteria thing for over a year. He finally is letting her try a more sensible solution.

11. I have the most nose-picking class I have ever taught. So I went to the library and checked out a book called Burps, Boogers, and Bad Breath. I hope it left an impression. My latest catch phrase is "Tissues are your best friend. And while you're up, go hand sanitize."

12. I'm taking these same nose-picking children to the zoo in two weeks. I've never been to the Oregon Zoo and I'm super excited to see the baby elephant. I am not, however, super excited to take kids off school property. I have a love-hate relationship with field trips.

13. Craving bagels? Go to Panera Bread. Right now. Get the cinnamon-brown sugar one and ask for the whipped hazelnut cream cheese. The PTO brought us in bagels one morning last week during Teacher Appreciation Week and oh. my. goodness. It was absolutely heavenly.

1 comment:

bmarquez said...

Ohhh bugers. . . . Jayelle won't leave them alone. I find them on the car door by her carseat. On the pillows she sleeps on. Rachel spent Wed nite here and I told her the sheets are clean but I'd change the pillowcases. YUCK!

I can't believe you have NOT been to the zoo here. It's pretty amazing. You'll have fun.