Wednesday, February 24, 2010

100 days


Today was the 100th day of school. I never thought I'd be able to say it, but I made it. I have survived. Reminds me of that song, "First I was afraid, I was petrified. . ." Love that song.

Anyways, it was a fun-filled day prepared for first grade royalty complete with crowns. . .
and gems (100 different little things they had to draw and stamp and stick on their crowns and 100 fruit loops to string).
We had specially prepared 100th day snacks. Yum! Strawberry cream cheese!!!

There were the crowd favorite 100th day collection projects. Trees were a popular theme. I like the special effects ice skaters on this one. And the fact that she has exactly 25 gems on each tree.

Living so close to the beach (and trinket shops), shells and starfish made for an easy one.

My personal favorite - the button dress.

Zero the Hero made his last and final appearance of the year and left 100 Hershey's Kisses hidden all over the room. He kindly stuck a numbered sticker on the bottom which, along with the 100's chart, helped us make sure we found them all.


As I soak my feet in a tub filled with hot soapy Body Shop Satsuma stuff, all I have to say is 100 down, 80 more to go. Or something like that.

P.S. - Next on the agenda, spring break. I love my job.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad you survived. Loved the creative way you taught the 100th day!! :)