Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ten on tuesday (the my husband has cooked me dinner two nights in a row edition)

Hello, friends. It's time for another rousing rendition of Teeennnnnnnnn onnnnnn Tuuuuessssddaaayyyyy!!! (insert catchy game show tune here)

1. So I get a package from my sister yesterday and inside, a blue tooth head thing, a letter, a picture my niece colored me, and two bags of Jones' marcelled potato chips. Now if you're from north central Ohio, or you've ever been to north central Ohio, then you know that these are the BEST potato chips ever created. They go best with Smith's Dairy French onion dip, both of which are no where to be found out here. My sister knows that I love them. She also knows that I'm not eating crap. And what does she send me? Two bags of chips. At least they're the little bags. Phil505 and I split one. Approximately 200 calories for each of us.

2. We decided to buy a 5 pound kettle bell at Wally World. I've seen Jillian kill people with them on the Biggest Loser and thought I should give it a try. It came with a fun (and I use that term loosely) little video which I tried out for the first time last night. You use a swinging motion and go backwards between your legs while in a squat and then stand and it goes up over your head. Seems pretty simple, right? I mean, it's only 5 pounds. Well, I'll have you all know I can't walk right today. Or stand. Or sit. I scream out in pain when I'm in the bathroom. My back feels like it belongs to an old lady. Phil505 thought I was dying and wanted to know what was the matter. I told him, "It's the kettle bell's fault."

3. I finally got my loot from winning the Write.Click.Scrapbook giveaway. See all these fancy brads and buttons? They're sitting on my album which is currently 2 1/2 years behind. Maybe I should get right on that???

4. I got a great compliment from a dad of one of my students the other day. He said, "I can't believe how much J. is reading! I don't know what you're doing in there, but it's amazing! He's just reading up a storm. I never would've predicted that." I smiled and said, "Well, that's how I like to run things in there. I like being unpredictable!"
5. Same child brought me his Cup-o-noodles the other day at lunch and said, "I brought the cow kind this time." I said, "Don't you mean beef?" Then he goes, "Well, chicken isn't beef." I said, "No, chicken is poultry." And he says, "Did you say pull-a-tree?"

6. Speaking of poultry, Phil made dinner tonight - garlic herb roasted chicken. Divine. And last night he whipped up a beef stir fry with brown rice (because we've given up on white). It was delicious too. Meanwhile, I'm getting spoiled and wondering what he's making tomorrow.

7. I was in charge of the vegetable tonight. I chose salad since we had so much salad stuff and soon discovered that we had three very outdated bottles of salad dressing. I inherited that from my Grandma Fannie. She is always notorious for having outdated salad dressings.

8. The end of the 2nd quarter is Friday. Where is time going?
9. Greg Oden is an embarrassment to Ohio State University and every single person who's ever been a fan. Geez Louise, don't send naked pictures of yourself on your cell phone.
10. I love Phil505. He might take me to the beach on February 20th. Woo-hoo!!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Ha!! I am impressed that Phil505 cooked dinner so much this week. He sounds like my own man! LOL :)

You had me laughing with the weight story. In fact, I'm still laughing....