Wednesday, June 17, 2009

save the whales

Remember back like in, oh, 1980ish all those campaigns to raise money and save the whales? Well, I think we should bring that back. They are, as my husband says, majestic and mysterious creatures. I won't post all 122+ pictures we took of them, but I will share a few more, plus my favorite viewing points to see them at the condo.

I have to say, it was pretty cool to sit in the hot tub in the morning and evening and see whales.


Probably my favorite place was that leather chair. I saw a lot of whales from that chair. In fact, I was sitting there talking to my sister when I yelled out, "Oh my gosh! There's a whale right in front of me!" And no where did it say in the rental policy that we couldn't turn on the fireplace and leave the door and windows open at the same time. Otherwise, it really wouldn't have been cold enough for a fire.

I've never prepared washed dishes while looking out for whales before, but the kitchen window had another great view.

We even ventured out onto the rocks and sat there for a while to whale watch.
Now you'll get to see just how close they came to the rocks. It almost felt like you could reach out and touch them.

In the next picture, it's kind of hard to see, but the whale is between the two sets of rocks. They hung out there a lot. (I can't figure out how to make it so you can enlarge the pictures on here.)

Seriously, on Sunday, I spent the whole day watching for whales. And a little bit of HGTV at the same time. That's what I call divine relaxation.

No comments: