Tuesday, February 3, 2009

brown sugary goodness

When I was growing up, my mom would make blonde brownies. She can't seem to find the recipe she used to use, much to my dismay. So when I saw a recipe for these in Simple & Delicious (a cooking magazine my mom gifted me), I knew I had to try them. They are super easy and have been a big hit at small group and at school. I made them for the SuperBowl. Yum!

Blonde Butterscotch Brownies

2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chunks (I use big huge gigantic chips)
4 Heath candy bars, coarsely chopped

In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Batter will be thick.

Spread into a greased 13 X 9 inch pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chunks and the candy bars. Press gently into batter.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield 2 dozen.

No comments: