Monday, November 24, 2008

a week of thanks - day 1

I'm going to list 5 things each day I'm thankful for. Yes, some may be cheesy. Most will be heartfelt though.

1. I'm thankful that the price of gas has come down. It's so nice to see a 1 after the dollar sign.

2. I'm thankful for a great hairdresser. Just had a little visit with her today. She's awesome!!!

3. I'm thankful for the internet. It's so nice to communicate with family & friends back home and with people I don't normally get to see these days.

4. I'm thankful that my husband fixes dinner for us every so often. It smelled so good when I walked in the door today. I'll post the chicken pot pie recipe later :)

5. I'm thankful that I have a job. I don't know about you, but it's depressing watching the news these days and hearing about unemployment and long lines at the food banks. Sometimes I just want to turn the TV off because I can't stand listening to it anymore. It was neat to see yesterday all the food that was brought into our church's food bank during our Thank Offering and to know that we are going to be able to help people.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Yes.... so good to be thankful... even in the small things of life. :)