Monday, November 10, 2008

so i've heard. . .

I found out yesterday that Casting Crowns has a new Christmas CD out called Peace on Earth. I can't wait to buy it!!! (It's currently on sale for $9.99 at CBD.)

Every year it's my little tradition to buy myself a new Christmas CD to add to my collection. Last year I got the Celtic Women ~ A Christmas Celebration. LOVE IT!!! And now I know which one is on the top of my list for this year. I've read a couple reviews and apparently everyone loves their rendition of I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. Thanksgiving needs to hurry up and get here so I can start listening to Christmas music.

OK, maybe I should just relax and enjoy November before all the mad rush of the holidays kicks in. (And did I previously mention that we did a big chunk of Christmas shopping at the Columbia Outlet on our way to the coast last weekend???)

Phil and I are also planning on keeping our little tradition of going to some artistic Christmas celebration together. We've been to see The Nutcracker and we watched the Nativity Story at the theatre when it came out. Last year we were cheap ~ I mean, saving money for our Ohio trip, so we just watched Celtic Women's Christmas on OPB. Actually, I enjoyed it so much I watched it a couple of times. I could listen to Celtic music 24/7. This year Michael W. Smith is coming to town for a Christmas show, and we're planning on getting tickets to go to that. We don't get many Christian artists out our way, unlike when I lived near I-71 in north central Ohio and I could go to concerts in Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, or Mansfield. So I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: