Sunday, November 16, 2008

completion

We finished the flags on Friday. They added the stars with the help of a stencil and some Q-Tips. Then they had to muddy it all up with some brown acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of water. I put the hangers on for them and they got to take them home (and get them out of my classroom!!!) Don't they look cool?

We also made some Uncle Sam's to display some writing on to hang out in the hallway. Let me tell you, every time I stepped out the door, there was so much red, white & blue out there that I felt like standing with my hand over my heart waiting for a rousing rendition of God Bless America to start playing.

Now it's time to start gearing up for Christmas projects. Christmas??? I know, but we only have this week to do the I'm Thankful For stuff, and then the kids are off the whole week of Thanksgiving while the teachers have an inservice and two days of parent/teacher conferences. Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: