Wednesday, October 1, 2008

the hair cutting shop

I have some really, really cute little Asian boys with slick little accents in my class (one of the perks of teaching elsewhere than a pow-dunk town central Ohio). They continually crack me up, because you never know what they're going to say, and today was no exception.

Z. comes in this morning with his head all buzzed, and I overhear him telling R., "My mom and dad said I look like an army guy!"

And as Z. comes over to turn in his homework, I say, "Wow, Z. did you go to visit the barber last night?"

He says, "A barber? What's that?"

"It's a guy who cuts hair."

"No, some Japanese lady did it. I just got home from school yesterday and we went straight to the hair cutting shop."

"Oh. Wow! The hair cutting shop!!! I've never heard of one of those before. I'm gonna have to check that out."

(Insert lots of internal laughter here.)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Too funny! You just never know what kids think of or say. Those are bright spots in my day, that is for sure. :)