Monday, September 1, 2008

a meme i stole from one of the blogs i stalk

OK, Sandra, you no longer have to be worried about stalking blogs of people you don't know. I admit it. I too, am a blog stalker. Yes, I stalk blogs of people I don't even know. And apparently, a meme is simply a blog you answer questions about yourself. I saw this one and thought it asked some interesting questions. Here goes. . .

My uncle once: held me upside down at my grandma's house by my pant legs, shook me several times, which caused me to fall out of my pants and land in my underwear. In front of the entire family scarring me for life. (That was Uncle Ernie, in case you were wondering).

Never in my life: have I kissed any other man but Phil. Dad and uncles don't count.

When I was five: I only had one sibling and we apparently got along fairly well at that point in our lives.

High school was: a mostly fun time in my life. I had great friends. But I don't believe I'd go back and relive it. And I'd tell my band director off for swearing at me.

I will never forget: being in the delivery room when my niece Hannah was born. How could you forget 24 1/2 hours in a terrible thunderstorm followed by a power outage, an epidural that really didn't work, and cutting the cord on a tiny little person who looks more like you than her own mother!

Once I met: Jack Wyrtzen. Ho Goldie, he's the most famous person I ever met!!! OK, Dr. Phil and Robin were at Women of Faith a few years ago, but I didn't actually shake their hands or pet their dog.

There’s this girl I know: who pulled some strings to hook up the Easter Bunny at the Christmas play.

Once at a bar: I ordered a burger and fries. It was in Wall, South Dakota on the big move out west and there weren't many places to eat.

By noon, I’m usually: dreading the fact that my lunch break is almost over and cramming in a bunch of stuff into the copier.

Last night: Phil and I watched The Bucket List.

If I only had: a never ending cash flow; daily time to scrapbook; faster internet service; our own place; a private jet so I could visit my family more.

Next time I go to church: The ladies' Bible study starts up in Sunday School. We're doing one of Beth Moore's, but the title is slipping my mind at the moment.

What worries me most: I freak out about natural disasters and something happening to my family.

You’ll know I’m lying when: I say I like to exercise.

What I miss most about the 80’s is: early 80's - rollerskating in the basement with the neighbor girls to Michael Jackson; late 80's - STC on WOL Island.

If I were a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: one of those witches who stir the pot and say, "Cauldron, cauldron, boil and bubble." Just kidding.

A better name for me would be: Oh, this is easy. Plain & simple, it'd be. . . Schwen.

I have a hard time understanding: my brother in law, Greg. He's a philosophy professor at Gonzaga and at a community college in Spokane. I've learned the hard way that most of the time it's just best to keep quiet.

If I ever go back to school: I'd finish up that master's degree.

You know I like you if: I share my scrapbooks with you or invite you to a crop.

Take my advice, never: leave your Creative Memories self-healing cutting board in the car on a hot summer day. You WILL warp your mat. But then, if you put it on a baking sheet in a low-temp oven, you can straighten it out fairly well. (Sorry, Nat.)

My ideal breakfast is: one that Phil cooks for me - like the bacon and scrambled eggs he just made, for instance.

If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: Greenwich, OH - get an ice cream cone while finishing up your laundry at the 'Green Witch.' Vancouver, WA - head north to St. Helens or east to Multnomah Falls.

Why won’t people: follow the posted rules about being quiet during quiet hours in our apartment building???

The world could do without: so many kids being born into homes of people who don't really care about them.

I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: actually eat the cockroach. Either way, that's pretty nasty.

My favorite blondes are: related to me.

If I do anything well, it’s: read blogs, write blogs, bake cookies, and make delectable desserts.

And, by the way: if you are interested in a special someone you've met on the internet, don't be afraid to do a little private investigative work before you actually go pick him up at the airport.

So now you guys get a chance. Copy & paste in your own blog and answer away. I'll be stalking, I mean checking, to see if you've answered them!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOL!! I'll try to do that soon!! They were too funny to read, Wendy. :)