Tuesday, May 20, 2008

today i. . .

  • Hit the snooze at 5:15 and laid in bed listening to the rain.
  • Finally got up at 5:45.
  • Got to wear jeans - dress down all week for Teacher Appreciation Week!
  • Talked to mom on my way to school.
  • Enjoyed a white chocolate mocha and a poppy seed muffin compliments of the PTO for Teacher Appreciation Week.
  • Sent a kid to the office by 9:15. Had enough of his crap.
  • Invited a visitor to the classroom to talk about theatre etiquette for our field trip to see School House Rock Live next week. (Trust me, we need all the help we can get!)
  • Listened to some School House Rock tunes til lunch. Such a fun reminder of my childhood. Conjunction Junction - what's your function?
  • Found a "thank you for teaching my grandsons" card on my desk with a $50 gift certificate to JoAnn's inside from a grandmother of two boys in my class. (I see a new Cricut cartridge in my future.)
  • Let my husband win one. :) {love you, Phil.}
  • Had a very lovely lunch. Again, provided by the PTO. All week, mind you. I've never been treated so well in all my 10+ years of teaching.
  • Started reading aloud the 4th book in the Sarah, Plain & Tall series.
  • Worked on an end of the year project for the kids to do something cool tomorrow afternoon.
  • Chatted with my friend Shawn about the joys of having this particular class. She gets them next year.
  • Met Phil at the Y for a 35 minute workout on the ellypticals.
  • Coughed my head off for about 10 minutes afterward.
  • Listened to the vacation plans Phil made today for mom & dad's trip.
  • Made tacos for dinner.
  • Sipped a diet cherry coke.
  • Checked my blogs.
  • Wrote this one.
  • Soon will shower, tuck Phil into bed, grade some papers, watch a little tv, load the dishwasher, finish up some laundry, and head to bed myself.
  • Thinking about maybe starting all over again in the morning.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Schwen! Your blog is AMAZING! Trust me, I spend waaaaaaayyyyyyy tooooooooo much time reading blogs. Yours is BY FAR one of the best! I miss my friend on the other side of the country. Thanks for keeping me up-to-date about your world through the blog. You rock!