Sunday, April 13, 2008

after 27 straight days of rain we finally got some sun

I love tulips. Hydrangeas are my absolute favorite flowers, but I do love a big ol' bunch of tulips. Yesterday Phil and I drove down to Woodburn, OR, to see the famous Woodburn Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival. The two of us (and at least half of the greater Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area) decided to enjoy the beautiful spring afternoon and see the fields in almost full bloom. We had gone down a few years ago, but we went too early, and it was cold and rainy that day. All we saw were daffodils. This year it was much, much better. Once we managed to get through the bumper to bumper traffic jam, find a place to park, and finally get out there, we decided it was worth all the trouble.
Here's Mt. Hood in the background.
My scrapbook magazines say to tilt the camera to get unusual angles on pictures, so that's what I tried with these next two. There's just row after row after row of tulips. Pointy ones, curvy ones, frilly ones, every size, different heights, all colors.
Here was my most favorite tulip out of the whole field. (I know, how could I choose just one? Well, I did.) Take a look. I loved the variations of color.

We soaked up some rays and tried to get stocked up on Vitamin D. (I'm sure people must have deficiencies since we have so many days without sun.)

Can't go anywhere without getting a self-portrait!

And one of my favorite pictures from the day. . .

1 comment:

Natalie said...

These pics are awwwwwesome. Great job Schwen!