Saturday, October 11, 2014

day 11

Topic 11 - Ladies' Day Out

I got to spend time today with my friend Barbara. Our original plan was to scrapbook, but neither one of us ended up playing with paper. (I know.) She was working on stuff for her son's Scout troop's court of honor and I was frantically trying to get my cross stitched piano keys done for the friendship quilt. Then we went out for soup, salad, and breadsticks at the Olive Garden for her birthday and stopped at The Barn because I wanted some more apples. Golden delicious, please. And a few Ambrosias, just to try. As you can see, there's so much more there than just apples.
These speckled pumpkins were new. They weren't there last week. Oh yes, I most certainly got two.
Mums. Mums. And more mums.
Gourds in the windows. So fun.
Indian corn. My favorite. Ya, I grabbed a couple of these too.
Fresh. Local. Fall.
Ornamental peppers.
No Halloween is complete without warted pumpkins. Yes, she bought that one.
Peanut pumpkins.
Go Bucks!
More speckled freckled ones. I got one of these too.
One lonely greenish one. I might have to use this picture and update my blog banner.
We had a great time, as usual. We even squeezed in a visit to see her mom. 

When I got home I sweet-talked Phil505 into going on a walk with me and the dog. And then I gave the dog a bath. FYI - labs stay wet FOR.EV.ER. Now I need to read over my Sunday School lesson and get ready for bed. I'm tired. FYI #2 - labs do not let you sleep in. Even on Saturdays.

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?" ~Lucy Maud Montgomery

1 comment:

bmarquez said...

You had a busy day. It was a blast.